Did you know that there are professional child care services at San Diego Comic-Con? There is! While you certainly don’t have to use their services, many families find it to be a big help . If you’ve secured a Comic-Con badge, read on to learn all about Kiddiecorp child care at San Diego Comic-Con.
Here at Comic Con Family, we are huge supporters of bringing your kids to Comic-Con. But, we know that some parents might want to take part in some Comic-Con experiences without the kids. Perhaps you want to attend a panel that isn’t appropriate for your children or you know you’ll be waiting in long lines in the exhibit hall. For some kids, having playtime and a quiet place to relax is much better than having to deal with the crowds of Comic-Con the entire time.
If you have a child between the ages of 6 months to 12 years old, you might be relieved to know that San Diego Comic-Con has on-site professional childcare services available through KiddieCorp.
What is KiddieCorp?
KiddieCorp provides on-site childcare programs for attendees of San Diego Comic-Con and various other conventions throughout the United States. They have been providing this service for many years — as a matter of fact, as of 2018, they’ve been providing care for 32 years!
To use their services, you’ll want to be sure to sign up in advance.
What Activities are at Comic-Con Child Care?
When it comes to fun, KiddieCorp has it all taken care of. There are age-appropriate activities for each child so you can be sure your kids are fully entertained while they are in KiddieCorp’s care.
Here’s an example of what is offered:
- Adrenaline Rush: Within the KiddieCorp program, children will be able to exert their energy while participating in various group games such as Simon Says, Relay Races, Duck-Duck-Goose and Red Light Green Light. They will also have fun while playing in colorful tents.
- Relaxation Zone: Children who like the quieter activities will be able to sit back and relax in our less rambunctious area. There are books for all the different ages and story time throughout each day. They also have tea sets and play food for the children who like to play grocery store or house.
- Artistic Alley: The artists in the children’s program will be able to express their creativity. There are various craft supplies for the children and they have the opportunity to make beaded jewelry, fun paper hats, colorful collages, etc.
- Construction Zone: For the builder’s, they have an area dedicated to blocks and LEGOs. There is also a Play-Doh sculpting table to show off their molding abilities.
- Infant/Toddler Children: The youngest kids will be surrounded by tactile toys that stimulate fun and learning. There are soft building blocks, stacking toys and activity centers. The little ones will also have various ride-ons and toddler books to help keep them entertained. There are sing-a-longs with their favorite nursery rhymes.
KiddieCorp will also provide snacks and water during care, but parents need to supply meals for their children.
How Much Does Comic-Con Childcare Cost?
While the rate is subject to change, in 2018, the fee for pre-registrations received on or before June 17 are $10.00 per hour, per child ages 6 months through 2 years old or $8.00 per hour, per child ages 3 through 12 years old. The trick to making sure you get this rate and that you will have access to child care at Comic-Con is to sign up in advance. To secure a San Diego Comic-Con childcare spot, you can register here. KiddieCorp must receive both the registration/consent form and payment in full to hold reservations.
If KiddieCorp has space, and you did not pre-register, the “at the door” rate is $12.00 per hour, per child ages 6 months through 2 years old and $10.00 per hour, per child ages 3 through 12 years old. But, remember, availability is limited and handled on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no guarantees of availability for on-site registration, so we recommend registering as soon as sign ups go live (this date can vary from year to year).
Are you an exhibitor at San Diego Comic-Con? There is no charge to exhibitors during set-up and tear-down (Tuesday from 6:00am to 7:30pm, Wednesday from 7:00am to 5:30pm, and Sunday from 5:00pm to 9:00pm) with proof of badge.
How Do You Register for Comic-Con Child Care?
To ensure that you’ll be able to use Comic-Con child care, and to get the best rate, you must PRE-REGISTER when child care registration opens. To find out when it opens, keep watch on the Comic-Con Child Care page, Comic-Con’s account on Twitter and our Comic Con Family account on Twitter. To secure a San Diego Comic-Con childcare spot, you can register here. KiddieCorp must receive both the registration/consent form and payment in full to hold reservations.
Do you have a question about childcare at Comic-Con? Leave us a comment!
Leave a Reply