Paid promotion for Disney. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateMARVEL
Come take a peek at my picks for MARVEL 80th Anniversary Collectibles on Amazon.com, as well as 5 tips for displaying your MARVEL collections.
The exact date of MARVEL’s 80th Anniversary was this summer – August 31, 2019. But unlike most of us who only get to celebrate our birthday or anniversary once a year, MARVEL’s 80th Anniversary is a year-long celebration! With comics, gaming, apparel, toys, TV, and lifestyle items, this anniversary celebrates MARVEL’s impact on pop culture throughout the 80 years.
As a huge MARVEL fan who loves to collect, I quickly had my eye on lots of MARVEL 80th Anniversary collectibles. Since we do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon.com, it’s become a source for everything MARVEL for me.
TIP: To purchase any of the MARVEL 80th Anniversary items shown below, just hover over the image!
My MARVEL collecting is fairly diverse. For the most part, I collect items based on what catches my eye or features my favorite characters. The #1 MARVEL item I collect is Funko POP! figures. At my last count, I’m approaching 100 MARVEL Funko POP! figures and I have no plans of stopping anytime soon.
The #2 item I collect the most is MARVEL apparel — mostly shirts. I’m a total t-shirt and jeans kind of guy, so if you ever spot me at a con, movie theater, or grocery shopping around town, you’ll no doubt see me wearing one of my favorite shirts.
One of the things I enjoy the most about wearing my MARVEL shirts out and about is connecting with other fans. Almost every t-shirt I’ve owned has had people come up to me and tell me that they love it and usually we chat and connect on our favorites. Wearing pop culture t-shirts is a great way to meet fellow MARVEL fans!
When I saw the MARVEL 80 Years of Comics t-shirt on Amazon.com, I HAD to have it. Not only does it celebrate this huge milestone, but check out that design! I love it.
In addition to picking up the MARVEL 80 Years of Comics T-Shirt t, there were a few more MARVEL collectibles that I had to add to my collection from Amazon.com. I picked up the Funko Advent Calendar: MARVEL 80th Anniversary, and Funko Pop! MARVEL 80th: First Appearance – Human Torch.
While the Human Torch Funko POP! figures was a must on my list, I was even more excited about the Funko Advent Calendar.
This advent calendar is a fun way to countdown the holidays. It includes 24 Pocket Pops, with each one contained in a display box with 24 doors.
Most people will probably buy this and start opening a door-a-day beginning on December 1. There is nothing wrong with that at all, but there was no chance that was going to happen with me!
TIP: If you plan to use the Funko Advent Calendar as a countdown to the holidays, you can easily reuse the display box for multiple years, even placing the Pocket Pops in different doors to keep the element of surprise.
I’m a big fan of the Funko Pocket Pops, but prefer them not to be in keychain form, so being able to get 24 Funko Pocket Pops without the keychains – and it being MARVEL characters – is a big deal and really cool.
When it comes to displaying MARVEL collectibles, there are many ways you can do this. Here are my 5 tips for displaying your MARVEL 80th Anniversary collectibles:
5 Tips for Displaying MARVEL Collections
- Use simple shelving that allows a total focus on your MARVEL collection. Black is great to use and really allows the design and colors of the characters to shine through.
- Make use of clear acrylic risers to maximize your space. You don’t want part of your collection hiding behind other figures, etc. This will be a great help so that you can fully see and admire your items.
- There are many ways to display Funko POP! figures: in their packaging or out of the box. My preference is in the box with the use of a protective case.
- Display packaging with a great design. For example, I think the Funko Advent Calendar box looks great, so I have displayed it with the Pocket Pops.
- If you love a shirt design, but would rather display it instead of wearing it, you can easily display shirts by placing a box inside of the shirt and securing the shirt in the box with stationary clips. This is a great way to reuse an Amazon.com box!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this peek at my newest MARVEL 80th Anniversary collectibles from Amazon.com! I encourage you to visit www.amazon.com/marvel and shop the collection now!